Business Development - Public Relations Manager
Posted: February 18, 2022
Flynn Wright is hiring an experienced business development and strategic communications/public relations professional. This individual will play a key role in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and assisting with both strategy and implementation. The ideal candidate will have experience in prospecting and developing strong client and community relationships, as well as a background in fundamental areas of strategic communications – developing plans, producing content, media outreach, engaging audiences and evaluating results.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities in the community and region
- Help provide initial consultation and onboarding for new clients
- Assist with other new business opportunities throughout the organization
- Act as an agency contact for all client PR needs. Assist with or lead planning and implementation of strategic communication efforts
- This role will also serve as the primary client contact, key strategist and primary go-to in several situations that help advance our clients’ brand reputation and general marketing objectives – which could span traditional public relations and marketing communications, as well as new forms of advertising
- Be versatile and flexible, putting diverse skills and experience to work both proactively and reactively
- Build strong relationships quickly and help build a strong Flynn Wright presence
You’re a proven self-starter and eager to make connections and develop new business. A proven strategic communications professional with a strong knowledge of basic PR management principles and best practices. You are a confident and credible individual who can quickly earn clients’ trust as an advisor. You have exposure to and an appreciation for strategic PR planning and implementation and are skilled in leveraging different communication platforms and mediums. You are personally driven, with an impressive work ethic and skilled in a variety of communications abilities. You appreciate teamwork and an agency culture and client-service environment.
Flynn Wright is a full-service agency, located in the heart of downtown Des Moines, that works with brands across the country.
We take care of our own like we take care of our clients. The benefits are frankly phenomenal, the extracurriculars tend to be historic events, and yes, there might be one too many coolers stocked with caffeinated goodness. But we can talk details later.