Director of Marketing Insights, Data and Analytics
The Director of Marketing Insights, Data and Analytics will manage the process, people and partners responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling, analysis, reporting and security of customer data, media performance and related performance data. The individual will need to have an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset and a keen ability to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our clients, while developing new processes, products and services for the agency to use in serving our current clientele and attracting new business.
It is important this individual ensures data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for our Marketing and Media Analyst(s) to follow, plus lead cross-functional projects, working with both Research, Account and Project Management Teams.
In addition, this individual, with the support of the analytics team, will be responsible for building, developing, and maintaining reporting systems, automation systems, dashboards, performance metrics, business intelligence/visualization tools, etc., that support key business decisions both internally and externally. They will oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze key operations and performance metrics. This individual will work to manage and optimize processes tied to data intake, validation, mining, engineering, and security, as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
This is a director-level position and, as such, it will play an important role in the development of culture, staff support and day-to-day leadership within the agency.
What You’ll Do
This individual will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining our insights reporting platforms as well as the management of vendor and partner relationships critical to the reporting function.
- Examine a campaign’s return on investment and outcomes to increase profitability, utilizing performance data, media analytics and sales data.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause and effect relationships.
- Identify new market opportunities based on trends.
- Ensure each marketing initiative is executed according to brand plan and any applicable regulations.
- Evaluate demographic, prices, distribution channels and other marketing outlets.
- Develop test and control scenarios to help measure incremental impact of direct mail programs.
- Confer with direct and interactive marketing program managers and/or specialists.
- Track and analyze direct and interactive marketing campaigns.
- Deliver timely key performance indicators and provide supporting business insights.
- Understand customer behavior and able to calculate lifetime value.
- Perform pre-campaign analytics and make recommendations regarding strategy and execution, then interpret and analyze responses.
- Develop and utilize statistical and analytical reports.
- Develop and code the list segmentation for all direct and interactive marketing campaigns.
- Communicate database requirements to the primary database administrator.
- Lead or work within cross-functional team.
- Work with database vendors.
- Performs list buying activities.
- Specific to our agency, this person will lead and assist with:
- Managing and manipulating mail and digital files for processing by print vendors or digital platforms
- Developing an automated process and FTP access to improve integrating data within vendor and partner systems.
- Managing licenses and further leveraging tools like Tableau to develop reporting dashboards and build business intelligence
- Understanding segmentation methods and building out recommendations for our clients.
- List buys via partners – leading the quoting and budgeting for list buys and building new relationships and expanding current relationships
- Managing digital media campaign reporting to analyze results both during and post-campaign
- Improving data integrity and security within the agency.
- Developing a dashboard to be used for list requests and reporting.
- Building out quality controls and standards for all data that is received by vendors/clients and files that are manipulated for production
- Anticipating future client/industry initiatives and work with the internal team to develop plans that meet our clients’ needs.
- Delivering data insights and recommendations to the internal team and the client post-campaign.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with internal and external partners and vendors.
- Consistently prioritizing in order to achieve production and client deadlines.
- Frequently manage extremely complex data processing instructions.
- Complete detailed data processing instructions according to the project requirements and procedures.
- Perform data audit checks throughout the programming process, including the flow of personalized variable data.
- Verify correct output and reports of all data files prior to being submitted to production.
- Collaborate with internal team and/or third-party data partner in producing a detailed response analysis based on call volume by version, offer and/or technique.
- Manage all client and prospect mail files.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7-10 years in a leadership role with proven experience in strategy, list technique and database. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Manages multiple projects with a high degree of complexity.
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task.
- Proven interpersonal skills to allow for collaborative work effort and accomplishment of priorities in a team environment.
- Familiarity with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.
- Experience with data security software.
- Strong computer skills in order to navigate multiple systems, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Tableau.
- Experience with systems such as Tableau and Datorama is a plus, but not required.
- Agency experience is a plus, but not required.
- Personnel management experience preferred.
Flynn Wright is a full-service agency, located in the heart of downtown Des Moines, that works with brands across the country.
We take care of our own like we take care of our clients. The benefits are frankly phenomenal, the extracurriculars tend to be historic events, and yes, there might be one too many coolers stocked with caffeinated goodness. But we can talk details later.