Market Research Project Manager
The market research project manager at Flynn Wright will work with the research team on quantitative and qualitative projects. This position is directly responsible for the design, facilitation, analysis, and reporting on a variety of market research projects.
The ideal candidate will have successful, direct experience leading solid research efforts and related experience in advertising, marketing and market research. The market research project manager will be able to successfully present and sell through new research efforts on behalf of the agency.
About Flynn Wright Research
Flynn Wright is a premier insights group and has an incredible reputation for our deep expertise in innovative research methods. Our national and regional work includes customer satisfaction and loyalty assessment, customer segmentation and profiling, creative evaluation, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, polling, message testing, database analytics, and other customized research for our clientele. Specific to this role, the market research project manager will work alongside our director of consumer insights and our executive vice president, as both individuals drive primary research projects.
Research Project Management
- Design research studies through careful application of fundamentals and preferred approaches for qualitative and quantitative market research
- Actively develop, manage, and execute assigned agency research projects. This includes development of sampling plans, facilitation, survey design analysis plans and reporting
- Coordinate fieldwork of projects with preferred agency partners where necessary, including development and facilitation of surveys and qualitative interviews, monitoring fieldwork, and managing project budgets
- Work directly with department leadership and outside vendors to fulfill primary research projects – from estimating project fulfillment costs through data collection
- Daily scheduling and tracking of research projects. Periodic reporting to agency account leads assigned to help manage clients and projects
Data Analysis and Tracking
- Research analysis, including higher level statistical analysis
- Maintaining ongoing performance tracking and customer reporting (including dashboards)
- Trend analysis and business insight would include data mining, segmentation analysis and other data analytics
Project Reporting and Secondary Research Data Summaries
- Writing reports and insight memos and presenting findings
- Organizing and conducting secondary searches, including topical searches and competitive analysis
- Compiling ongoing industry trend reports
- Organize and file agency research design projects
- Maintain research action list
- Assist in maintaining organization in department shared drive
- Assist in the research and development of presentations
- Assist if client decides to follow-up on research through focus groups, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Necessary qualities to work in and succeed at a fast paced and fun organization … such as: solid work ethic, time management, project tracking, relationship building, internal and external communication, etc. etc.
- Strong knowledge of analysis software (SPSS, Microsoft Excel, database programs)
- Experience with web-based survey software (Qualtrics, Checkbox, Chalkmark, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)